|return to Our Lady's Mirror home page|
click on picture to enlarge
Winter Number 1932; Summer Number 1932; Autumn Number 1932
1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959
We have got into hot water from more than one donor for publishing names; at the same time, we are told that readers like to hear about gifts as they come; so we must in future as a general rule mention no names.
A very beautiful crucifix, made by the well-known artist Martin Travers, has been sent to the Shrine by one of the Guardians; it has been hung in the Holy House at the west end, facing the altar. A very beautiful model of a ship in full sail has been given by one who served his apprenticeship in her. A pilgrim has paid for another of the Sanctuary windows and has chosen the first of the series, Richeldis. Unfortunately Mr Comper is very busy just now and cannot promise to send it for some little time.
What may be looked on as an historic relic is the Abbatial staff of the late Father Ignatius of Llanthony. A great friend of the Father's asked that this staff might be treasured in the Sanctuary of her who was so loved by Fr Ignatius. [This staff was given, as seemed appropriate, into the keeping of the Fr Ignatius Memorial Trust in 1999.]
There are eighteen Guardians of the Sanctuary. The Constitution provides for twenty-four, but these vacancies will not be filled until the October Chapter. There are one hundred and twenty-five Priest Associates of the Holy House.
Miss Elsie Lloyd has resigned the Secretaryship which she has filled for the last ten years. The pilgrimage and pilgrims owe a lot to her unceasing toil and forethought, and she will be very much missed. However, after ten years of voluntary work perhaps we should all want a rest.
Pilgrim' [a story]